Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Lost Art of Letter Writing: Gatsby to Daisy

My sweetest Daisy,
   How long has it been since I've exposed my most deepest thoughts to you? These five years have been such a painful eternity to me. Those many nights where I waited to just catch one glimpse of you from your dock, if only you knew. My heart still longs for you Daisy. How could you give your heart away to such a heartless person such as Tom? If you were only mine, you'd forever be safe and loved. Tom will never give you the care or the adoration I longed to give you. I know it would break your heart to know this but he's cheating on you! It's right before your eyes my love. I've always wanted the best for you but this is nothing you deserve.
   I've waited so patiently for you to come back into my life. The countless parties I threw just praying that I'd find you in the crowd of guests. I didn't care about anyone else but you, my eyes would search endlessly for your beautiful face and I was discouraged, till now. Having you over for tea was so pleasant, I truly mean it. Hearing you speak with your thrilling voice completely enthralled me. It hasn't changed at all, it still uplifts my heart. Kissing you was beyond words. After feeling your lips pressed against mine, everything fell sweetly back into place. Every atom in my being was electrified by the very thought of your essence. It was that exact moment where I realized your place was with me. Please come back to me Daisy and let our lives perfectly intertwine once more.

                                                                                            All of my love,
                                                                                                       Jay Gatsby

1 comment:

  1. Gatsby,
    As much as it hurts to say I can agree with all that you have said about how you would be able to treat me. Tom is a man that doesn't see in me what you have all along. I do believe though that I can never be that women that in you eyes you see me to be. So perfect and flawless. I wanted to be the person there for you from the start to the end of everything but I could not. I needed a future where I wasn't alone and with the war that is what I felt.
    I never wanted to hurt you and make you feel such feelings that you have but I do hope that you can understand that and not hold the situation against me. I do miss you and hope for the best. I love you James Gatz

    ReplyDelete